Terms & Conditions
Redstone Meadery sells alcoholic beverages and requires that anyone purchasing mead be at least 21 years of age. Minors are discouraged from viewing this site.
You will be required to certify your age when checking out, and your shipment, if it contains mead, will be sent requiring the signature of a legal adult. Redstone may ask for confirmation of age before shipping if we are unable to independently verify your age. By agreeing to our Terms & Conditions at checkout, you attest that you are age 21+, as is the intended recipient if other than yourself, and you understand that you may be asked to provide proof of age.
Redstone Meadery values your privacy and takes the security of your information seriously. We do not sell your data and we share information only as necessary, as outlined below, such as providing your address to FedEx in order to deliver a package you ordered. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What data do we collect, and why?
- When you place an order, we collect:
- Your name and address for shipping purposes, and for legal obligations such as calculating taxes.
- Your phone number and email address, so we can update you about your order status and contact you if there are any issues with your order.
- Your date of birth, and that of the recipient if different from you, to verify that you and the recipient are of legal drinking age.
- If you input your contact information into our contact form, we collect that information in case we need to reply to you, but we do not use that information for marketing purposes.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- For security purposes, the IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 14 days.
- When you place an order, we collect:
- If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Who do we share your data with?
- Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
- If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- This site is scanned for potential malware and vulnerabilities by the iThemes Site Scanner. We do not send personal information to the scanner; however, the scanner could find personal information posted publicly, such as in comments, during the scan.
- How long do we keep your data?
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.